This car was supplied by Solihull motors
on the 7th of April, 1970 to Box Cartons of Birmingham for
the use of the owner’s wife, Mrs. Cattell.
Mrs. Cattell became ill and unable to drive but Mr. John
Patrick Joy who was a friend of the family took Mrs. Cattell
out in the car to keep it running. When Mrs. Cattell died he
continued to look after the car but only covered
approximately ninety miles in the following three years.
Mr. Cattell died in 1989 and left the car to Mr. J P Joy who
ran it for a few months but because of suspension problems
he sold the car to his brother, Mr. T A Joy who was serving
in the R.A.F. and posted in Cyprus. The car was sold to John
Graham Adair, a motor dealer of Newhaven on 03/04/91.
The car was seen by Mr. W Woodley of York and purchased him
and registered in his wife’s name, Mrs. B Woodley, on
In August 1992, 30 years of the BMC 1100 were celebrated in
the heart of BMC country with a cavalcade of 48 cars
travelling from the BMC works at Longbridge to Hatton
Country World and MXC 222H took part driven by Mr. Woodley.